Re: Risky local variable mechanism

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Risky local variable mechanism
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 00:06:13 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous message:

   There is, in my opinion, no need to make this any more convenient
   than that, neither the way you propose it nor the way Stefan
   proposes it.

But, while I do not think that there is a pressing need for it,
Stefan's querying, or additional .emacs customization possibility,
proposal is a lot safer than yours.

Chong Yidong wrote:

   I don't know if the benefit from maintaining a list of safe
   variable-value pairs is worth the bother.

I believe that you misunderstood Stefan's proposal.  I believe that
Stefan proposed to allow to use something like:

(put 'myvar 'safe-value-list '(nil t))

So there would be no list of variable-value pairs to maintain, only
lists of values for individual variables.

Sincerely,

Luc.