Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:27:24 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>>> But then it does not work for you even now, i.e. after invoking
>>> `tumme-display-thumbs' you should wait the same amount of time.
>>
>> Yes, but I never try to display the thumbnails of all 3000+ image
>> files.
>
> Just as now you can mark files in dired to display thumbnails in
> a separate window, you can mark files in dired to display their
> thumbnails in the same dired buffer with a simple piece of code:
>
> (dired-map-over-marks
>  (put-image (create-image (my-make-thumbnail (dired-get-filename t)))
>             (dired-move-to-filename)) nil)
>
> where `my-make-thumbnail' is a function I posted earlier for creating
> thumbnails according to the Thumbnail Managing Standard.

Yes, of course. I was not saying that it was a dead end, I was just
saying that the exact "hack" to iimage did not suit my way of working.

I will try out this code eventually. For now, tumme will have to grow
in the pace I have the time to feed it new stuff. Of course, anyone
can contribute as long as it does not break... :)

/Mathias