Re: faq.texi

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: faq.texi
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:05:17 +0100

Frank Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes. Often if people want to search for a ReallyComplicatedAndLongWord
> they are too lazy too type it in isearch, so they copy it to the
> clipboard from some application, type C-s to start a search and then
> hit Shift+Insert to insert it at the minibuffer prompt. This doesn't
> work, which isn't really intuitive.

Okay.  The manual is very clear about this, but I've added an entry to
the FAQ about it nonetheless, pointing people to the relevant node in
the manual.

>> Hmm, yeah, the manual explains that one must use C-q C-j to match
>> newlines, but not in a very straightforward way.  Or did you have
>> something different in mind?

> No, exactly this.

OK, same here.

> I think it's ok. However I think we have included some more user
> friendly command for this during development of Emacs 23 but I can't
> remember it's name...

There's been a discussion in October about adding a function named
`prefix-region' but it never made it into the code.

Thanks,

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the