Re: faq.texi

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: faq.texi
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:04:22 -0700

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Romain Francoise <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:38:53 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

Is there anything that prevents us from binding S-insert in
isearch-mode-map?

Yes: C-y in isearch does not run `yank', and people expect C-y and
S-insert to do the same thing.

Really?  Not being a Shift-Insert user, I have no expectations.  But
it sounds to me like a Windows shortcut, and the basis of the original
question is that C-s S-insert does not search for the selected text:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-02/msg00307.html

I was talking about binding S-insert to do the same thing as C-y.  Is
there a problem doing that?

I was sure you meant binding S-insert in isearch-mode-map to the same
thing as M-y (isearch-yank-kill).

--
Kevin Rodgers