Re: faq.texi

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: faq.texi
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:41:43 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:31:44 +0200
>
> > I was talking about binding S-insert to do the same thing as C-y.
> > Is there a problem doing that?
>
> Do you mean the same thing as C-y does in isearch mode or not?

The same as C-y does in isearch.

> If you mean binding S-insert to the same thing as C-y in isearch mode
> (i.e. `isearch-yank-line') then I think it is a bad idea to bind a useful
> key S-insert to `isearch-yank-line' just for consistency.  Moreover,
> I think C-y was a bad choice for a keybinding to `isearch-yank-line'.

Well, if you oppose to the C-y binding in isearch, then I think you
should disqualify yourself from arguing about an identical binding for
S-insert, since it's clear that you will dislike them both on the same
grounds.  I suggested the S-insert binding for consistency.