Re: Disabled commands

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Disabled commands
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:30:10 +0900

On 2/10/06, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Honestly, not only did
> I not know about the existence of `not-modified' until recently, but I never
> expected Emacs to provide such a command and even less to bind it to a key
> like M-~ which can be hit accidentally.
>
> In what kind of scenario does it make sense to use it?

When you've made changes but don't want to save them (and don't want
emacs moaning at you about this)?

[It boggles my mind that you didn't know about this command -- it's
one of the very first commands I learned, in the original PDP10 emacs,
about a billion years ago...  I thought it was one of the "grand old
commands".]

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.