Re: Risky local variable mechanism

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Risky local variable mechanism
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:03:11 -0500

> Each local variable can be safe, risky, or neither.  A variable-value
> pair is safe if it is found in the new customizable alist
> `safe-local-variables', or the variable's `safe-local-variables'
> property is t, or the variable's `safe-local-variables' property is a
> function that evaluates to t with that value.

The property should probably not be called `safe-local-variables' since it
applies to a single variable and talks about its possible values.  I.e. it
should be something like `safe-local-variable' or `safe-local-values'.

Other than that, it sounds OK to me.  I don't know how important it is to
have this notion of `risky', but it can't hurt.

        Stefan

PS: I haven't actually looked at the code.