Re: tumme directory

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: tumme directory
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:26:49 +0100

> The first program in the sequence I used was `convert':
> The second was `pngnq'.  It optimizes PNG images using the neural net based
> color quantization algorithm.  It can quantize images down to 256 colors
> with much better results than other color optimization algorithms.

We should mention that using `pngnq' generates uglier thumbnails. :)
Really, they are. IMHO, of course. But I guess it is the price we have
to pay for getting the file size down. Personally, I will probably
stick to using JPEG thumbnails until I feel an urge to be able to
reuse the thumbnails tumme creates in other programs, which is what
the Thumbnail Managing Standard is about, basically.