Re: Eldoc mode

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: Eldoc mode
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:05:16 +0900 (JST)

>     No. I don't use eshell. However, AFAIK, Eshell accepts both
>     shell command line and Emacs lisp code. Here is the example:
>
> I did not know that.  Could you possibly update the doc string of
> eshell?
>
> Anyway, that clears up the question of what Eldoc mode does
> in Eshell.

I've look at the Eshell's code. Then I found that Eshell uses
Eldoc only for getting the document string of a function. Eshell
doesn't use Eldoc for displaying documentation in real time.
So there is nothing to add to the document string.

If what I wrote here is not clear enough, do
M-x find-function eshell-exec-lisp
It may be obvious.

Masatake YAMATO