RE: ffap bindings suggestion

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: ffap bindings suggestion
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:29:27 -0800

    > Perhaps I don't understand `minor-mode-map-alist' well
    > enough.  I don't know how to use it to create some bindings
    > that will be used only in the minibuffer (some only for
    > particular kinds of completion etc.), and that
    > will be seen by built-in functions that work with the minibuffer.

    Just turn on the minor mode in the minibuffer.  That means after calling
    completing-read, so you'll probably need to do it via
    minibuffer-setup-hook.

Sorry, it's not clear to me. There are several different minibuffer maps,
which I modify differently (they have different vanilla-Emacs bindings
also).

How will defining keys in a minor-mode map (even if turned on in the
minibuffer) make those bindings visible in particular minibuffer maps that
built-in functions expect to interact with? And how would I specify which
minor-mode bindings are to be used for which minibuffer map?

If this sounds confused, it's because it's not clear to me. Some more
explanation would be appreciated.