RE: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:50:19 -0800

    ffap.el itself says:

    ;; For the default installation, add this line to your .emacs file:
    ;;
    ;; (ffap-bindings)                      ; do default key bindings
    ;;
    ;; ffap-bindings makes the following global key bindings:
    ;; If you do not like these bindings, modify the variable
    ;; `ffap-bindings', or write your own.

    That last part is muy importante.

Yes, I read that. That was why I suggested that ffap instead have a minor
mode. I'm not crazy about that way of turning a set of bindings on.

    > I no longer use ffap.el, but when I did, I added an option to
    > inhibit it, and set the option as a local variable when in Dired mode.
    > That might be overkill, but it accomplished what I wanted.

    I think that would be a userful feature.

I think ffap.el should instead have a minor mode with its own keymap.

(BTW, I like "userful" for "user useful", whether it was a typo or not.)