Re: gnus doesn't encode non-ascii attachment filenames

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: gnus doesn't encode non-ascii attachment filenames
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:13:00 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Zhang Wei <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> Sorry, false alarm. This bug is only with the emacs-unicode-2
> branch. No problem with emacs 22.

> The difference of internal character representation between emacs23
> and emacs22, makes gnus can't handle non-ascii attachment filename
> correctly.

> To generate a rfc2231 encoded filename such as "%d6%d0%ce%c4",
> function (following-char) returns "d6" for the first char of the
> filename "d6d0cec4" in emacs22, while in emacs23 this function returns
> "3fffd6".

Ah, I see.

> This is an ugly hack to solve this problem:

For Emacs 23, we can have a better/simpler fix.  But, could
someone tell me the maintenance policy of Gnus codes?
Should we modify codes in cvs HEAD so that it works also
with emacs-unicode-2 (perhaps with version check here and
there)?  Or, should we directly modify codes in cvs
emacs-unicode-2?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden