Re: Risky local variable mechanism

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Risky local variable mechanism
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:16:44 -0600 (CST)

Chong Yidong wrote:

   I've installed the patch changing the way file local variables are
   handled.  Please see if there are any problems.

There are problems.  I get this pop-up question for _every_ single
file I visit, even files that contain no local variables whatsoever,
and that do not even contain the words "local variables".  This makes
Emacs nearly unusable.

Also, before your patch, with `enable-local-variables' set to t, I
could always take a look at the _entire_ local variables list, even for
variables that Emacs deems safe, before enabling those variables.
After your patch, this is apparently no longer an option.

Sincerely,

Luc.