Re: Risky local variable mechanism

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Risky local variable mechanism
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:32:34 -0600 (CST)

>From my earlier message:

   There are problems.  I get this pop-up question for _every_ single
   file I visit, even files that contain no local variables whatsoever,
   and that do not even contain the words "local variables".  This makes
   Emacs nearly unusable.

I forgot to test this in `emacs -q'.  What you have to do in `emacs -q'
to see the problem is set `enable-local-variables' to 'query.

What should happen is that I should be asked no questions if there are
no local variables and that I should get to see _all_ local variables
if there are any before enabling them, no matter how much they are
considered safe by default.

Sincerely,

Luc.