Re: tool bar: C-... and S-... fail in GTK builds

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: tool bar: C-... and S-... fail in GTK builds
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:57:08 +0100 (CET)

> >> Yes, it failed for me with a GTK build, and now I've verified that
> >> it works with a non-toolkit build.  So there is a bug in GTK builds.
> >
> > I've fixed it now.  The modifiers are not available for the callback that
> > GTK invokes when a button is clicked, so previously I just set the
> > modifiers to zero.  I didn't realize there was a use for them.
>
> Thanks!   Could you see how hard would be to implement mouse-2 and mouse-3
> clicking on a tool bar item?  Is the main obstacle only in the format
> of the menu keymap specification?

It is not hard on the C level.  we can put the button clicked in the code
part of the struct input_event, and keyboard.c would then look at that
also when constructing an event (currently code is ignored for tool bar
events).

But I don't know to construct the Lisp event.  It could be done like
for native scroll bars.  It is a mouse-event with a position that says
scroll bar.  But the lisp code expects the position to contain a window,
but for non-native tool bars (i.e. GTK) there is no window to put in
there, just a frame.

        Jan D.

        Jan D.