Re: random crashing with bootstrap emacs (cvs) under solaris (SunOS 5.8)

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: random crashing with bootstrap emacs (cvs) under solaris (SunOS 5.8)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:22:39 +0200

On 2006-02-16 03:37, Mark Aufflick <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have been trying for some time to get emacs cvs compiled on Solaris.
>
> When I get to the stage of make bootstrap where make autoloads
> is running in the lisp directory, the bootstrap emacs crashes
> (segfault) randomly.

Are you using CFLAGS that include one of -fast or -xarch=FOO
where FOO enables 64-bit ELF binaries?

I've been building cvs-emacs on Solaris 10 amd64 and sparc, but
only as a 32-bit binary and without -fast.  Enabling either -fast
(on any architecture) or -xarch={amd64,v9a} results in random
crashes here too.

- Giorgos