Re: faq.texi

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: faq.texi
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:06:46 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Richard M. Stallman wrote:

>    Maybe I'm also wierd, because I do this, too - more precisely, C-y through
>    one region until the regexp highlighting stops on the other.

>Wouldn't M-x compare-windows do that more easily?

Hey, I didn't know about that!  That could be pretty good, but I'd have
to bind it to some key sequence first - C-c c, perhaps.  I doubt it would
be so good on files.diff, because then I'd have to first C-x 2 and set
point in each window.  But then, it could be convenient for large diff
chunks which are taller than half the frame.

But whatever, I still wouldn't want to lose C-y from within searches.
Sometimes C-y followed by M-e and a few backspaces is more convenient
than repeated C-w.

--
Alan.