mouse-1 drag invokes follow-link (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link and mi

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: mouse-1 drag invokes follow-link (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link and mime messages)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:32:37 +0100

On Wed, Feb 08 2006, Chong Yidong wrote:

> "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
>> The change I made is correct in principle.  When the mouse-2 command
>> finally gets run, the selected window should not have been altered by
>> the translation mechanism.  The event says which window was clicked
>> on.  The selected window should be the one that was selected by the
>> user.
>>
>> It sounds like the command that handles mouse-2 on a link needs fixing.
>
> I figured out the problem.  We should only change the selected window
> if we are translating to mouse-2.  The `follow-link' property can also
> specify translation to, e.g., "\C-m" (in the case of the link widget);
> in that case, we shouldn't change the window.
>
> I've checked in a fix.

Thanks for fixing this.  But I think these changes have introduced a
different problem:

In Gnus, when in the article buffer, I try to select the text
"stupidchicken" in your "From" header by dragging with mouse-1 from
"s" to "n", it follows the link (e.g. composing a mail to the author)
instead of selecting the text.

I have reproduced this problem using the Emacs-bundled Gnus 5.11 and a
minimal Gnus setup.  A 2006-01-27 build behaves as expected.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)