Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for funct

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for function identifier depending on the kind of whitespace that follows]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 00:28:52 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I am convinced that, in the long term, we need an analogous, fast,
>> global mechanism for for locating and characterizing regions
>> bounded by arbitrary delimiters - in this case "<<" and ">>", but
>> could just as well be Texinfo's "{" and "}" or Lex's and Yacc's
>> "%{", "%}" and "%%" or "literate programing"'s boundaries between
>> narrative text and executable code, or "here documents" within a
>> shell script.
>
> You're preaching to a converted.  I have a student here which I'm
> trying to get to work on exactly this.

We really need to get 22.1 out the door, because fundamental changes
like that should only be done once Emacs 23.1 has been released (we
really need to get emacs-unicode-2 and possibly the multi-tty branch
as well as current package updates out before getting caught in
another multi-year delay cycle because of new features).