Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for funct

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for function identifier depending on the kind of whitespace that follows]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:22:34 +0100

> Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.  Nobody proposed to use
> stealth fontification for other purposes than fontification.  There
> just has to be a way for it to adjust the region for fontification in
> case of multiline constructs.  (Maybe this is already possible with
> contextual fontification as proposed by Stefan, but I haven't looked
> deeper into this yet.)

I meant that you should not rely on stealth fontification to correct any
misfontifications.  Stealth fontification does not try to refontify
anything that is already fontified.  Hence, it makes no sense to "adjust
the region for fontification".  When `font-lock-default-fontify-region'
detects that the region it should fontify stealthily is near a multiline
property, it will extend the region appropriately.