Re: faq.texi

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: faq.texi
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:06:10 -0500

    Currently the point moves to show you where matching has stopped.  To check
    where the corresponding point is in the other window, you have to switch
    windows, which is a bit cumbersome; it would be nice to see at a glance.

Normally there is a cursor in every window, except on a tty.
On a tty, it could set up some sort of highlighting to show this.

    Something like that; given that it already has support for an overlay to
    indicate where it skipped over non-matching text, I'm imagining an
    extension of that functionality where it would (1) highlight matching text
    too (in a different color), and (2) not immediately delete the overlays
    (currently the overlay appears to be strictly temporary).

    I'm not sure the best way to delete the overlays though, if they were made
    longer-lasting.

Would you like to work on implementing something that you find
convenient?  Later, after the release, we could install it.