Re: address@hidden: check_min_window_sizes]

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: address@hidden: check_min_window_sizes]
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:21:48 +0100

> On second thought, the patch I posted was the wrong fix.  I believe
> this one is correct (basically, size_window was checking for a
> safe_min_size that included the width of window fringes and
> scrollbars, but window_min_size_1 did not check for it).

Excellent, both problems disappeared.  Thanks again.

I know I'm getting bothersome, but maybe you could also look at the
following.  First remove all fringes.  Now do

(with-selected-window (split-window-horizontally)
  (let ((window-min-width 2))
    (shrink-window (- (window-width) 2) t)))

This should get you a right window with two columns only.  Now add the
fringes again.  This makes the right window display fringes only and no
text.