Re: font-lock-warning-face

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: font-lock-warning-face
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:45:46 -0500

    I use font-lock-warning-face in both gud.el and gdb-ui.el for things that I
    want to draw the users attention to like errors and changed values.  Its
    purpose is the opposite of 'shadow' and goes beyond font-lock.  Would it be
    good idea to create a new face (and from which font-lock-warning-face could
    inherit) called `warning', say, and put it in faces.el so that font-lock
    doesn't have to be loaded?

Maybe, but we would need to think about this somewhat more before
doing it.  What other uses would we want this to be used for?