Re: address@hidden: check_min_window_sizes]

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: check_min_window_sizes]
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:45:09 -0500

    This patch removes the bug.  But I am not very familiar with the
    window code, so if someone could check that this is correct, it'd be
    great.

That is part of a loop which aims to

      /* Look at one sibling at a time,
         moving away from this window in both directions alternately,
         and take as much as we can get without deleting that sibling.  */

It tries to calculate precisely how much space it can take from each
sibling without causing it to be deleted:

              int this_one = ((*sizefun) (next)
                              - window_min_size (XWINDOW (next),
                                                 horiz_flag, 0, &fixed_p));

If taking that much space causes the sibling to be deleted, I would
say that is a bug in the calculation of this_one.  The value must
be too large.

Can you figure out why it is too large, and what the correct value
should be?