Re: standard-value of display-battery/time-mode

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: standard-value of display-battery/time-mode
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:37:14 +0000

On 19 Feb 2006, at 00:31, Luc Teirlinck wrote:

   (customize-mark-to-save 'display-battery-mode)

   is always t even though now change was made because the standard-
   value property is nil / not set. It should probably be (nil).

`display-battery-mode' is autoloaded.  This means that it is defined
with `defvar' in loaddefs.el.  The standard-value property remains nil
until the defcustom is evaluated, when it becomes (nil).

OK, so something like menu-bar-options-save should contain a few require's then. I've written something that'll automatically save the options at the end of an Emacs session.The user is asked whether to actually do that if they have changed. Obviously, I don't want to ask if there is no change, which means I'll need to load the appropriate libraries at that point.

Maybe that's something that menu-bar-options-save should do as well, because as it stands now, the customizations are always written to file, whether there have been changes or not (unless all those libraries have been loaded).