Re: Patch: Replacing the style of the More/Hide Rest button in Customize

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Patch: Replacing the style of the More/Hide Rest button in Customize
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:06:56 +0100

Juri Linkov wrote:
The attached small patch makes the More/Hide Rest button in customize look
more like a link, which in my opinion is more common (web pages). I have
sent something like it before, but we never got any further because of
problems with my papers at that time.

Are you sure the "More/Hide Rest" button is a link?  To me it looks
like a typical button where pushing performs some action.  A link for me
is something that leads to another place.
It is a matter of taste. Or maybe perception. I think the Customize buffers are easier to view with "More/Hide Rest" looking like links. And I do not think it is hard to understand the meaning, I have seen this usage in many web pages.

I got some positive comments about this change before but there might be others who disagree of course.