Re: standard-value of display-battery/time-mode

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: standard-value of display-battery/time-mode
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:07:45 -0600 (CST)

Chong Yidong wrote:

   custom-load-symbol does not work for all variables concerned.  At
   first, I thought all the relevant variables have 'custom-load property
   (which tells custom-load-symbol what to load), but I was wrong.  I
   don't know what the criteria is that variables are given
   'custom-load---is it only if the variable name matches the custom
   group name?

You did not give any examples.  Are these options that are neither
autoloaded nor preloaded?  A magic autoload cookie should, I believe,
write a line of the form:

(custom-autoload (quote show-paren-mode) "paren")

in loaddefs.el.  So I believe that it should suffice to add that
custom-load-symbol call back and put in ###autoload's for all options
for which it fails to work.

Sincerely,

Luc.