Re: make bootstrap: need moral support. :-(

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: make bootstrap: need moral support. :-(
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:21:58 -0800

Often, the only way I can get Emacs to build is to

       $ cd /usr/local/src/emacs-cvs

       # Delete everything except the top-level CVS directory
       $ find . -! -name CVS -mindepth 1 -maxdeptn 1 | xargs rm -rf

       $ cvs up

       $ ./configure && make bootstrap

I might be going overboard, but I needed to do this at least once, and
I'm superstitious enough that I keep doing it whenever Emacs acts
funny.

--
When it comes to electronic voting, most liberals are just plain
old-fashioned nuts.