Re: foldout.el

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: foldout.el
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:05:50 -0500

    I don't use foldout, but from what I can see, all it does is to add
    some extra keys to outline-mode-map.  All the extra functionality is
    bound to those keys.  Is that a problem?

Yes and no.  Just loading a library should not change Emacs behavior,
since use of custom can load the library.  Defining added commands
that don't shadow anything is on the borderline, so it is not really a
bad thing.  Still, it would be cleaner if the user had to call a
function to call to enable the changes made by the library.
However, I guess we don't need to change that now.