Re: font-lock-warning-face

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: font-lock-warning-face
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:54:06 +1300

 >     I use font-lock-warning-face in both gud.el and gdb-ui.el for things
 >     that I want to draw the users attention to like errors and changed
 >     values.  Its purpose is the opposite of 'shadow' and goes beyond
 >     font-lock.  Would it be a good idea to create a new face (and from
 >     which font-lock-warning-face could inherit) called `warning', say, and
 >     put it in faces.el so that font-lock doesn't have to be loaded?
 >
 > Maybe, but we would need to think about this somewhat more before
 > doing it.  What other uses would we want this to be used for?

Well I don't know how many you want, but additionally:

1) The face dired-marked inherits from it.
2) The face ido-incomplete-regexp inherits from it.
3) The face iswitchb-invalid-regexp inherits from it.
4) The face cvs-fi-conflict-face is an alias for it.
5) The face compilation-error inherits from it.

and presumably more uses for shadow have been found since it was created
(I use it for out of scope watch expressions for a start).