Re: Space between toolbar and window (Carbon?)

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Space between toolbar and window (Carbon?)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:34:06 +0900

> David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:
>> Can anyone give me a hint as to whether I can easily remove the
>> extra space between the toolbar and the window (see screenshot)? It
>> varies in size with frame height and line height and I'd like to
>> get rid of it. Where in the code would I have to look? Is this
>> Carbon specific?

> You cannot remove it ... it is added to make the toolbar area height
> to be a multiple of the "nominal" display line height.

This part is redrawn on every redisplay even when it is not needed.
Could you take a look at and comment on the patch in the following
message?

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-11/msg00570.html

I've been using this for 3 months and don't find any problems so far.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden