Re: is the calendar broken?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: is the calendar broken?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:54:26 +0200

> From: Nic <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:09:19 +0000
>
> I did this:
>
>     (progn
>       (setq christian-holidays nil)
>       (setq hebrew-holidays nil)
>       (setq islamic-holidays nil)
>       (setq solar-holidays nil)
>       (setq bahai-holidays nil)
>       (setq oriental-holidays nil)
>       (setq all-christian-calendar-holidays nil)
>       (setq all-hebrew-calendar-holidays nil)
>       (setq all-islamic-calendar-holidays nil)
>       (setq all-solar-calendar-holidays nil)
>       (setq all-bahai-calendar-holidays nil)
>       )

This misses some of the variables mentioned in the doc string of
calendar-holidays.  But since you never explained what you wanted to
accomplish nor what you expected to see, I cannot really tell whether
those omissions are related to your problem (whatever ``problem''
means in this case).

So please consider telling what you wanted to accomplish and what you
expected to see.

> And then this:
>   (list-holidays 2006 2006)
>
> and I got this:

With your recipe, I get a much shorter list:

    Sunday, January 1, 2006: New Year's Day
    Monday, January 16, 2006: Martin Luther King Day
    Thursday, February 2, 2006: Groundhog Day
    Tuesday, February 14, 2006: Valentine's Day
    Monday, February 20, 2006: President's Day
    Friday, March 17, 2006: St. Patrick's Day
    Saturday, April 1, 2006: April Fools' Day
    Sunday, May 14, 2006: Mother's Day
    Monday, May 29, 2006: Memorial Day
    Wednesday, June 14, 2006: Flag Day
    Sunday, June 18, 2006: Father's Day
    Tuesday, July 4, 2006: Independence Day
    Monday, September 4, 2006: Labor Day
    Monday, October 9, 2006: Columbus Day
    Tuesday, October 31, 2006: Halloween
    Saturday, November 11, 2006: Veteran's Day
    Thursday, November 23, 2006: Thanksgiving

Did you try this in "emacs -Q"?  Also, what build of Emacs is that
(what does "M-x emacs-version RET" display)?