Re: is the calendar broken?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: is the calendar broken?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 05:03:14 -0500

Nic wrote:

> Which, much to my suprise still includes quite a lot of holidays.
> Have I got the wrong end of the stick with the way holidays work (it
> all seems remarkably complicated to me) or do other people agree
> that something looks broken?

Repeat the experiment in a fresh Emacs started with -q --no-site-file.

Most of the variables you mention are used to _initialize_ the
variable calendar-holidays. If it has already been initialized, then
setting those variables has no effect on it.

In other words, the value of calendar-holidays contains things like
bahai-holidays rather than 'bahai-holidays.

This mailing list certainly seems broken at the moment. Sloooow...