Re: TUTORIAL.cn File Bug

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: TUTORIAL.cn File Bug
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 01:29:46 +0200

> Yesterday I checked out the Emacs Unicode 2 source.
> After bootstrapping, I found nothing follows the line
> "Important Help menu items: " in fancy splash screen.
>
> I've checked the source code and found why.  Sun Yijiang
> has edited the file etc/TUTORIAL.cn, but deleted the dot
> "." after "Emacs 快速指南" incorrectly.
> This causes the
> lambda function in variable 'fancy-splash-text' complains
> about the failure of searching for a dot:

Using this dot in the first line is too error-prone for languages where this
is grammatically incorrect.  I think a better place to set the tutorial title
is language-info-alist or maybe even a special variable in the Local Variables
section of every TUTORIAL file.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/