Re: SEGV in x_catch_errors_unwind (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: SEGV in x_catch_errors_unwind (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:29:43 -0500

"John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> writes:

> | One solution is to somehow re-engineer the x error handler not to use
> | record_unwind_protect.
>
> I think this might be the best bet.
>
> | The other is to block inputs at the point in
> | unbind_to where specpdl_ptr is being modified, like this:
>
> This does not solve the problem for me.  It seems to be harder to
> generate the crash, but I am still hitting the x_error_message == 0
> segfault.

I just checked in some changes to make the x error handler avoid using
record_unwind_protect.  I am unable to make Emacs crash now -- can you
confirm this?

(Maybe this issue is related to the other problem, reported on
emacs-devel recently, on nil becoming bound to "(#<save_value...".)  I
added an "eassert (!handling_signal)" to record_unwind_protect.)