Re: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:44:53 -0500

    It doesn't really matter though -- the default seemes to be for it to be
    bound, so many users will run into this problem.  I'd say Emacs is
    better off avoiding any C-Modifier-BS/DEL default bindings.

I tend to agree.  Anyone who wants to use those bindings,
and is prepared to turn off their other meanings in the system,
can surely bind them in Emacs as he wants to.

Would you like to get rid of them, in the code and in the Emacs Manual?