Re: fatal error: 22.0.50.1 mingw on Compaq Armada E500

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: fatal error: 22.0.50.1 mingw on Compaq Armada E500
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 12:22:57 +0200

> From: <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:16:19 -0600
>
>  After installing under msw2000 on this machine, I try
> runemacs --debug-init. Emacs abort dialog pops up with "A fatal error has
> occurred! Would you like to attach a debugger... " There is not enough
> room on this machine to install cygwin or similar. Is there a version of
> gdb that runs under win2000?

Thank you for your report.

If this Emacs is a native Windows port (as opposed to the Cygwin
port), _and_ if it was compiled by the MinGW GCC compiler (as opposed
to the Microsoft Visual C), then you can find a version of GDB that
can debug it here:

                http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml

You can find out how was Emacs built by typing "M-x emacs-version RET".

> I have this version running fairly well on a Compaq desktop under
> w2000 and a generic desktop running w98. Only Emacs 21.3 runs on the
> Armada. Any suggestions?

Without knowing where it crashes, it's hard to suggest anything
intelligent.