Re: Segmentation fault: Display *dpy = x_error_message->dpy;

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault: Display *dpy = x_error_message->dpy;
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 08:50:00 -0500

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Using `emacs-22.0.50 -Q -nbc' and _not_ running under gdb, I get
> segmentation faults about once in every five to seven times I start
> Emacs

> 0x080bafe0 in x_catch_errors_unwind (dummy=137383961) at xterm.c:7543

There is no longer an x_catch_errors_unwind function in xterm.c, so
you must be using an old version.  Can you try with the latest sources
and see if the crashes still happen?  I recently checked in some
changes recently to fix this bug (see the thread "SEGV in
x_catch_errors_unwind" in emacs-devel).