Re: Unquoted special characters in regexps

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Unquoted special characters in regexps
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:04:06 -0600 (CST)

Martin Rudalics wrote"

   Luc Teirlinck wrote:
    > If you consider in "[a]b]" the first and the second `]' to be _both_
    > inside or _both_ outside the context of a character alternative, then
    > it would be impossible to determine solely from that notion of context
    > which of the two `]' has to be taken literally.

   That's what I don't get tired of saying for one week already.  You
   always denied it by saying things like

I believe that you forgot to read the "If" that starts the passage you
quoted.  Hence your impression that I was contradicting myself.  I
consider the first `]' in "[a]b]" to be inside a character
alternative, the second one outside.  From that context I can
determine that the first `]' is special and the second one not.

Sincerely,

Luc.