Re: address@hidden: RE: Customize doc strings and tagstrings do not resp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: RE: Customize doc strings and tagstrings do not respect \\<...> and \\[...]]
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 19:49:39 -0500

    The connection between doc strings and widget tags is not immediately
    apparent, but of course this could be added as a new feature.  But note
    that this would change the rendition of existing :tag strings since
    certain construct in the text would have to be quoted now.

Theoretically that is true, but I would expect those cases never occur
in practice.  Would you like to look and see if there is even one such
case in Emacs?

I think that we should do substitute-command-keys on tag strings,
that that is obviously right, and not doing it is obviously wrong.