Re: Printing from modern Emacsen

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Printing from modern Emacsen
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:04:53 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> It printed:

>   LanguageLevel: 2
>   Type42 font is supported

> Does that mean my printer is new enough, and your worfkarounds for
> older printers cannot be tested on my printer?

I found that there are some levels in a way of supporting
Type42 font.  It seesm that my code (using incremental
glyph-data definition) works only with the interpreter
version 2015 and greater.  Here's the new code to check it.

Could people who has a printer that couldn't print the code
I sent please send the attached code to that printer?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden

%PS

/Courier findfont 20 scalefont setfont

50 200 moveto
(Version/Revision: ) show version show (/) show revision 10 string cvs show
50 180 moveto
(LanguageLevel: ) show
/languagelevel where {
    pop languagelevel 10 string cvs
} {
    (1)
} ifelse show

50 160 moveto
(Type42 font is ) show
42 /FontType resourcestatus {
    pop pop (supported,) show
    50 140 moveto
    version cvi 2015 ge {
        (with incremental glyph-data definition.) show
    } {
        (but incremental definition is not.) show
    } ifelse
} {
    (not supported.) show
} ifelse