Re: ECB

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ECB
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:04:23 -0500

>> > And IMVHO display-buffer should be moved from c-kernel to elisp-code
>> 100% agreement.
> Based on what, exactly?  Do we know for a fact that its performance is
> so unimportant that the slower running times of Lisp will go
> unnoticed?

I must say I'd be stunned if you could show me any evidence that an elisp
implementation would incur any noticeable preformance hit: if you look at
the C code of display-buffer you'll see it has no loop, and if you look at
the calls to display-buffer you'll see it's never called inside a loop.
I.e. its performance is completely uninteresting.

        Stefan