RE: Problem with `while-no-input'

From: klaus.berndl
Subject: RE: Problem with `while-no-input'
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:38:39 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Maybe windoze doesn't have some form of async input processing,
> so maybe it cannot see if input arrives while it is running lisp
> code.
>
> If that is so, we should document the deficiency somehow.

Hmm, would it not better, to enable while-not-input also working with Windows?
;-)
(no, i have not the know-how to do this for myself, sorry - and it`s also only
a plea from me if a developer with the needed knowhow could do it - i thought,
some mails from Jason and lennard points to the right entry?!...)

IMHO this is a very important and helpful macro which enables Emacs and other
nifty tools on top of Emacs to be much more user-friendly and -responsive! And
IMHO a lot of windows-users want to use Emacs.......

Klaus