Re: Problem with `while-no-input'

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Problem with `while-no-input'
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:35:49 +0000

>     Hmm, would it not better, to enable while-not-input also working with
> Windows? ;-)
>
> Yes, it would be better, but that may be very difficult.  (I don't
> know.)  We should document it if we can't fix it.

I think the relevant code is in keyboard.c in the POLL_FOR_INPUT
conditional blocks. Currently this code handles detection of C-g
according to the comments, I do not know why it manages to do that
without also handling general detection of input.

I don't know if this code is only used on Windows, or other systems
also use it (maybe old versions of X?). It doesn't appear to have
been written specifically for Windows.