Re: ATSUI support on Carbon Emacs

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: ATSUI support on Carbon Emacs
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:52:01 +0900

I've just installed Quartz 2D drawing support code for Carbon Emacs.
It is enabled by default when -DUSE_ATSUI is specified.  It uses
Quartz 2D routines when drawing lines, rectangles, and texts, but not
for images or scroll bars.  Actually, I have some code for Quartz 2D
image drawing, but it is too much to add at this stage.

Performance measurement by Shark shows good results especially when
drawing ASCII characters with mac-allow-anti-aliasing = t.  I think
many of you who are using the experimental ATSUI-enabled version are
running Emacs under the control of gdb.  Please set a breakpoint to
fprintf so as to catch the warning message "Ignoring QuickDraw drawing
between QDBeginCGContext and QDEndCGContext", and report the backtrace
if you encounter such a situation.  Thanks.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden