Re: ange-ftp does not wait for file download to complete

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: ange-ftp does not wait for file download to complete
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:11:29 +0100

Lennart Borgman wrote:
When retrieving a file through ftp with something like

C-x C-f Find file: /ftp:address@hidden:/some-path/the-file.html

most of the times for me the file buffer will be empty.

I do not understand what is happening. I added some (message ...) statements for tracing. Here is what I got in the message buffer:

I have been testing this with the ftp program that comes with w2k, the one mentioned at http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/AngeFtp and also ncftp from Cygwin. I am doing this on windows 2000:

GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2006-03-08 on W2ONE

I must have made some mistake when testing. Today I have no problem at all when using the ftp program suggested at EmacsWiki.

Probably I was setting the wrong variable when testing yesterday. Sorry for the noice. However maybe the problem with Windows ftp should be mentioned in the manual?