Re: Emacs Manual topics to remove?

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Emacs Manual topics to remove?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:46:30 +1300

 >    But it appears that emacs-xtras is not being distributed with Emacs
 >    which will reduce its reach considerably.
 >
 > It is called emacs-xtra, not emacs-xtras and it is in the man
 > directory of the Emacs distribution.  If you use CVS Emacs, it should
 > be in the menu you get from `C-h i d'.  Otherwise, something is wrong.

I don't have any trouble finding it, but AFAIK not all the files in CVS
will be used to make a distribution.  When Richard said "on line", I took
it to mean "on the Internet", but as Romain has said thats probably not the
case.

If the goal really is to the make paper version of the manual smaller, it
would be helpful to know by how much.