Re: defcustom :version

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: defcustom :version
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:09:53 -0500

    One could reduce it from 2811 to 2635 and possibly _slightly_ less
    because there may be a few cases I overlooked.  This requires
    eliminating several :version keywords that are _older_ than the
    :version in the defgroup, because the defcustom got moved to a new
    group.

I don't follow the scenario you describe, but don't bother explaining
it.  Reduction down to 2635 lines is not enough reduction to make the
situation much better.  We need stronger measures.  We need to give
this some structure.

Here's an idea.  customize-changed could work like customize-browse,
except that it would show only the groups that cover settings which
have changed meanings.

What do you think?