Re: yes/no SPC/RET logic with kill-buffer

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: yes/no SPC/RET logic with kill-buffer
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:01:39 +0900

Han Boetes <address@hidden> writes:
> Normally SPACE means yes and RET means no

Huh?  Where does "SPACE means yes and RET means no"???  That doesn't
seem to be the case generally in Emacs.

[For "simple boolean" questions (using `y-or-n-p'), SPC means "yes", but
RET doesn't mean "no".]

> except while using kill-buffer when RET means yes and SPACE inserts a
> space.

The question asked by kill-buffer isn't a boolean question at
all; it really helps to read the prompt...

-Miles
--
The car has become... an article of dress without which we feel uncertain,
unclad, and incomplete.  [Marshall McLuhan, Understanding Media, 1964]