Re: Emacs crashes

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Emacs crashes
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:40:37 +1300

 > > I will install a fix later today.
 >
 > Done.
 >

 > I also fixed an old bug where the tool-bar window was twice the
 > necessary height, but no icons were shown if the tool-bar row is
 > exactly the same width as the window.

[Kim, I've not mailed you directly because everything I send to you gets
rejected as spam]

I can't reproduce the crash now.  However, I couldn't reproduce it after an
intermediate build without your changes.  And the backtrace for one crash
was in PRODUCE_GLYPHS in display_tool_bar_line which is _before_
extend_face_to_end_of_line.

I also found out that the crash didn't occur with -Q (which presumably why
no-one else saw it).  I had presumed it was a display problem but just
commenting out one line:

(setq gud-pdb-command-name "/usr/lib/python2.3/pdb.py")

or, even shortening the string length, stopped the crash, so I guess it
was memory related.

Nick